This class will offer guided hiking in parks and nature preserves throughout Long Island. Students will receive instruction in basic photography skills utilizing interchangeable cell phone camera lenses. Participants will learn basic hiking skills and techniques including navigating a trail map, rhythm and flow, keeping a pace, stretching, and tips for nutrition and hydration. Mindfulness practices will be incorporated throughout the class to teach participants how to be present in the moment and have a deeper sense of connection with their natural surroundings.
Due to safety precautions for COVID 19, camera sharing will not be possible at this time. Students may use their cell phones and/or their own personal cameras. A variety of cell phone camera lens attachments will be provided, including a telephoto zoom lens to magnify long distant subjects, 198° Fisheye lens to create unique circular effects, 15x Macro lens to shoot flowers, insects, and small objects, and 120° Wide Angle lens to capture landscape scenery.
· Each student will be provided with a variety of professional camera lenses to use during the class.
· Photographs taken during the class will be available to view and post on a private Nature Photography and Guided Hiking Facebook group.
· All students will be provided direct instruction to increase their photography skills.
· Each weekly class will meet at a different park. Participants will be asked to commit to at least three sessions to build on skills.
· Small group rate $100 per 90-min. session (Plus park fees if applicable)
· Open to people of all abilities - no prior photographic knowledge or experience is needed.
The primary focus of this course will be self-advocacy in human relationships and sexuality. Sexual feelings and needs are a healthy and normal part of life. Sexual self-advocacy empowers people to have healthy relationships, to make informed choices, to be safe, and to express their desires and needs. Topics covered will include Caring for your Body, Changes in Puberty, Consent, Healthy Body Image, How Our Bodies Work, and Reproductive Safety.
This course will provide resources and tools to make healthy sexual choices. Students will learn and use medically accurate, and age appropriate, correct terms that prepare them to talk about their body and their experiences. Lessons will consist of a variety of lectures, small group work and engaging activities to learn complex material in a fun and memorable way.
Classes are open to people of all abilities and will be offered virtually via ZOOM.
Additional groups will be forming based on gender, age and learning style. Specific groups will be tailored to the individual participant’s learning needs. Please contact us for additional information.
Attendees must register in advance. Call for additional information.